Forum > Chit Chat

ITS GREAT WE HELP PEOPLE ON THE SITE {BUT}

<< < (4/7) > >>

Wedgeman55:
This is a great site, AJ>   This is a great service to us techs and the DIY"ers   Glad to help where I can.   It is nice to be notified that when you help someone, it worked.   

My feeling on do it yourselfers is that they are a breed somewhat like ourselves and will do it anyways.   We're not losing any customers here.   I know some Techs are wary about helping anyone,  feeling it will be a loss of a customer.   But I know that a DIY'er is a DIY'er no matter what.  And the fact that we can help them makes me happy.   

And there are plenty of customers out there that will never do anything themselves,   so there is plenty of need for us.   

AJ:

--- Quote from: Wedgeman55 on October 24, 2012, 01:12:11 AM ---This is a great site, AJ>   This is a great service to us techs and the DIY"ers   Glad to help where I can.   It is nice to be notified that when you help someone, it worked.   

My feeling on do it yourselfers is that they are a breed somewhat like ourselves and will do it anyways.   We're not losing any customers here.   I know some Techs are wary about helping anyone,  feeling it will be a loss of a customer.   But I know that a DIY'er is a DIY'er no matter what.  And the fact that we can help them makes me happy.   

And there are plenty of customers out there that will never do anything themselves,   so there is plenty of need for us.   

--- End quote ---

I feel the same way about DIYers. If they don't find the help on our site they are not going to stop searching for the answers. It's the nature of the DIYer.

You would not believe some of the emails I have received over the years from people with poor attitudes saying I should not be giving out the information we are on our site because they feel it hurts our industry.

I really doubt our site is power full enough to have that type of effect on the appliance repair industry, lol...

I like helping people and I think the world would be a better place if more people took the time to help others.

Over the years I have received a ton of help myself online and feel great when I can return the favor.

JWWebster:
DIY Baby  O0

cklassen:
I also really appreciate all of your help and all the useful topics and info that I can find on this site. It's a great asset for me and my business. Thanks.

mpatten2:
I just checked into this site and I have to say this place is great! Learning how to get around this site is a little tuff since there is so much information. In just a couple of days I have learned some troubleshooting techniques that I am ready to use.

Thanks,

Mark P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version