Author Topic: LG W/D Combo leaves clothes wet  (Read 5088 times)

Offline lpilpi

• VIP Member
Re: LG W/D Combo leaves clothes wet
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:43 AM »
I am new here and have a similar problem with my LG washer/dryer combo Model WM3431HS unit.  After a cycle, the clothes are still wet.  They are not soaking wet, just more than damp.  After that happened I put the machine on "Dry Only" and noticed the timer went from 2:50 to 5 min. to 1 min. to off, all in the matter of 5 minutes!  This was done multiple times with same results.   I noticed the machine is not getting hot on the top and the clothes are not hot either  (I guess the heating element doesn't get enough time to warm up before the unit shuts down) or maybe the element isn't working

I am not getting any error codes during or after the cycle.  I removed the top of the machine and cleaned the lint inside the fan and heating assembly and also as far down the condensing tube as I could reach from the top.  I also put a 1/2" hose attached to a vacuum cleaner ("The Lint Lizard") down the condensing tube as far as I could.  I have removed lint several times over the last 6-7 years as well as replaced the fan, a pump and a leaking hose.  But, I have never removed or cleaned the bottom of the condensing tube.  Could lint at the bottom on the condensing tube cause the drying cycle to shut off after 5 minute time with no errors?  The unit seems to drain fine.   I think I hear the fan running when I put my ear to the unit. 

Should I do the diagnostic test to pin point the problem?  I would need instructions on how that's done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: LG W/D Combo leaves clothes wet
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 05:28:23 AM »
It is possible that the condensing tube is blocked at the bottom of the tube.  You will have to go to the back of the unit and remove the screws that hold the tube against the tub.  Another way that you can clean the condensing tube is to remove the fan assembly on top and pour hot water down the tube while the drain pump is running.

Also, while you have the top off, use an ohm meter to see if the heating element is ok.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

LG Leaves clothes damp

Started by Rick32k

Replies: 19
Views: 2970
Last post April 09, 2013, 04:51:42 PM
by desert
amana clothes dryer LEA50AW

Started by jmsrnsn

Replies: 1
Views: 2701
Last post December 17, 2007, 06:05:49 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Dryer won't keep running after door opened when clothes are dry

Started by Nancy

Replies: 4
Views: 3015
Last post February 10, 2008, 12:32:34 PM
by JWWebster
Simpson Maxi Dry 505 (reverse cycle clothes dryer)

Started by laudesan

Replies: 6
Views: 3861
Last post April 26, 2008, 06:36:15 PM
by laudesan
Frigidaire Dryer Tearing Clothes

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 3888
Last post June 06, 2008, 01:58:24 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Dryer ruins clothes!