Author Topic: Where is the ADC board located on a Maytag french door refrigerator?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline kenebob

• VIP Member
I can't find the Adaptive Defrost Control board on any diagrams for my Maytag french door refrigerator model MFF2558VEW1.  Where is it located so I can change it out?

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
The defrost is done on the main control board.

#5 on this DIAGRAM

Electronic Control Board Part # 12868513
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
When I replace this board I always replace the thermistor. When replacing this board you will have to program the units code number in. It's not that complicated. There is a tech sheet with the part..pain in the ass.

Offline kenebob

• VIP Member
Thank you for the reply.  I had a repair tech come over and show me the location of the ADC board in my refrigerator to fix the warm refrigerator/cold freezer problem.  It's behind the temperature setting LED displays at the top inside of the fresh food area behind the French doors.  You have to remove the light cover and bulbs and push the front of the unit back and down to remove it.  Inside is the Control Board for the whole refrigerator/freezer. 
In my case, the Control Board Troubleshooting Guide included on the tech sheet (found under the front of the freezer drawer) instructs you on how to check everything EXCEPT ITSELF for problems!  The tech said that this is the first thing he changes-out before anything else because it it the easiest fix for a defective defrost system on this model (MFF2558VEW1) Maytag.  He was right of course, and now I again hear the happy sound of sizzling condensate water as my machine returns to a normal defrost sequence.
I'm making notes on the guide to remind me for next time; and he said there probably WILL be a next time with this crappy board.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
I had a repair tech come over and show me the location of the ADC board in my refrigerator to fix the warm refrigerator/cold freezer problem.  It's behind the temperature setting LED displays at the top inside of the fresh food area behind the French doors.

The LED's are on the same board. Everything is run of this one board.

Just as I posted above, your model uses control board part # 12868513

Offline kenebob

• VIP Member
Yes, you were correct, that's the one!  I didn't know where in the machine to find it.  I do now.
Now it's time to load more cold drinks in it and keep cool.  Summer here goes on into October and I need the ice!
Thanks again!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator

O0

Also good advice from Harold.
I replace a ton of these board as I'm sure other techs do too.

:pint1:

Offline RAH52

• Technician
Harold do you change both thermistors even if they pass in the diagnostic test ?

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
Yes. I was having some call backs. This evap coil is a paiN to get to, so I want to make sure I'm done with it. Just because it passes the test does not mean it's good. This test does not check ohm value.

Ice maker kit for 22 and 25 Cubic Foot Amana and Maytag French Door Refrigerator

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1071
Last post February 22, 2013, 10:06:23 AM
by AJ
maytag french door refrigerator serice manual model MFI 2269VEM

Started by gregaguilar

Views: 637
Last post July 13, 2013, 08:30:15 PM
by gregaguilar
Maytag French door refrigerator MFI2269VEM No lites

Started by gregaguilar

Replies: 2
Views: 717
Last post July 27, 2013, 10:24:34 PM
by Cananot
maytag refrigerator door seal

Started by mvnative

Replies: 12
Views: 9366
Last post March 10, 2008, 10:58:43 PM
by mvnative
LG French Door Refrigerator LRF** Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 7824
Last post July 07, 2008, 09:42:35 PM
by AJ
Buying a new refrigerator - looking at LG French door model ?

Started by rkpatt

Replies: 1
Views: 1712
Last post August 07, 2008, 06:40:51 PM
by AJ