365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Inspection camera  (Read 252 times)

Offline RAH52

• Technician
Inspection camera
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:01 PM »
Any techs out there carry and use an inspection camera .Been thinking about getting one .Might come in handy for finding leaks in appliances and checking in areas hard to get at . Took me a long time the other day to trace a leak in a maytag maxim washer because it has no lower inspection panel .had to basically tear it down 3 times before I could find it ...very frustrating .

Offline AdirondackBob

• Technician
    • North Country Appliance Repair
Re: Inspection camera
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »
I have the Dewalt DCT410S1 camera. Love it! The reason that I bought it is because I had to service a Maytag F/L washer under warranty with a noise on spin. I could hear something was between the tub and basket. This Dewalt has a little hook attachment that snaps on the end of the camera. I removed the tub to pump hose and inserted the camera up there and I could see a bra stay. It took me a couple of tries, but the hook grabbed that bra stay and I was able to pull it out. The only other alternative would have been to seperate the tubs. This camera is pretty pricey, but I considered it paid for on that call alone! Plus there are a couple of holes in my backyard that I have been wondering what is down there... :)

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:34:35 AM »
     I saw that DeWalt camera and was wondering if it would come in handy like in a dishwasher leak and you could just poke around with the camera.   What about low light,  does camera work in the dark areas?  Or if you had a leak back behind a washer where it was tight and you wouldn't need to pull it out,   just send in the inspection camera.   
     Harbor freight had one on sale pretty reasonable,  but if I was going to buy one I would probably buy a DeWalt.   I saw it at Home Depot.    I'm a tool junkie,  always love a good new tool that will make the job easier.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline AdirondackBob

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »
The Dewalt has an LED light on the end of the camera. The pluses that I liked about this unit is: the screen can be detached so you can hold the screen in one hand and twist the camera unit around in the other hand and not have to stand on your head to see the screen like on other units where the screen is permanently attached. It has a micro SD slot so that pictures and videos can be taken. Very Cool!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »
RAH52, did you ever get a inspection camera?

AdirondackBob, how is your Dewalt DCT410S1 Inspection Camera holding up?

I see in the feature list it says...

Photo and video capturing on SD card to help with documentation

Any chance you could share a photo and/or video from it with us?

Anyone else have any experience with inspection cameras they could share with us?
Any inspection cameras out there that run on AA batteries?
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »
I never pulled the trigger and bought a camera ...its the "cheap" in me ,still think itwould be very handy .

Offline AdirondackBob

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »
AJ, I have only used the camera two times in the field. The first time as stated above, and the second time in another F/L Washer. There was an article of clothing in between the tubs that was in a spot that I could not see with the camera. The main Tech at an appliance store I sub for had to split the tubs to remove the article of clothing.

I don't carry this on my truck. I probably should, then I might use it more. It is pricey, but I am not sorry that I bought it. There will be another time and place that I will be very glad that I have it. 

Offline Preferred Appliance

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 07:04:46 AM »
I purchased an AC Delco one with color screen..zoom feature....and led light for less than $200 from HITE ( LOCAL PLACE IN CBUS) don't use it everyday but def comes in handy when you DO need it

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »
I carry the milwaukee inspection camera,  it was a birthday gift from my wife,  has come in handy, once in a while. Thought  i would use it more.here's a picture:

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ApplianceGuru

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:17:27 AM »
If I want to see how well a dishwasher is working inside, I take my $500 Droid RAZR phone, and get the camera recording.

Then I put it in it's holster so the splashing water doesn't tap the screen like a finger.  After that I put it in a clear Ziplock bag, seal it up, and place it inside the dishwasher to record (light on of course).

Sometimes it takes two our three tries, buy I can usually get a decent video of what's going on inside.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:19:57 AM by ApplianceGuru »
Appliance Heating & Air Tech

Red light cameras & fixed speeding camera

Started by bigbuck

Replies: 12
Views: 87
Last post March 31, 2012, 09:53:47 AM
by theoldstoveguy
Security Camera?

Started by AJ

Replies: 23
Views: 231