Author Topic: oven door hot to the touch  (Read 1402 times)

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Reges Service and Repair
oven door hot to the touch
« on: August 16, 2012, 10:51:37 AM »
Just had an email from a customer that says his built in oven door is almost to hot to touch when it get's up to temp.  Could I be looking at a venting issue?  What is the temp. of an oven door?  I haven't come accross this before and really never gave it any thought either.  Any help would be appreciated.  I don't have a model number but will get one if I end up going out.  Thanks

Offline app1

• Technician
Re: oven door hot to the touch
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:08:04 PM »
Is the thermostat working properly? Could be bad and it will just keep on heating!!!!

Offline elgato

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »
Well i would go with venting problem like the fan

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Reges Service and Repair
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
Just got an update from customer:  model: 790.30529801 Frigidaire unit

They have had to cook things much longer (approximately 30% more) so would lead me towards door seal or crack in door window loosing heat to the outside as well as door.  They realized they have home warranty still in effect so going to contact them.  He will keep me up to date and let me know what the other repair company finds.  Interesting though ???  would like to just take a look and see :)

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
Put a thermometer in oven and check that unit is cycling at proper temp. I can't possibly see there being a gasket issue. Some wall units will vent at a High temperature at the front. I have went on many service calls with such complaint only to tell customer to simply keep your hand off the place that's burning you.

Offline macdaddy1402

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »
they do get pretty hot especially right below vent. i have replaced a zillion of the boards on electronic ovens and im convinced its for no other reason than excessive heat  behind the board in that service compartment area building up (as heat is the eventual death of anything electrical). they nearly all have working fans but you simply cant vent enough heat out of that area. the one exception was a call i got on a thermador that was blowing out so much heat it burned her kids when they walked by the corner. upon arrival i noticed this built in was installed low in the cabinet putting the fan exit about head high for a little kid.dont know why maybe they had a midget cook. upon inspection i found this unit had a bad a-- fan motor , much bigger than ge or whilpool and it did remove some serious heat. pulled up the diagram and compared to what i was seeing and everything was hooked up properly and working as designed. then i realized i have never had to change a erc control or touchpad on this brand before and maybe thats why.

Frigidaire Range, Oven Door falls Open

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 4925
Last post August 23, 2008, 08:29:17 AM
by TechnicianBrian
***SELF-CLEANING OVEN DOOR LOCKED OPEN***

Started by chuckd

Replies: 1
Views: 6355
Last post November 21, 2008, 03:50:08 AM
by Repair-man
hbl 645 AUC Bosch Oven Door Hinges

Started by emmerat

Replies: 9
Views: 18618
Last post August 08, 2012, 07:27:13 AM
by jackminster
HGS5052UC Bosch Does Oven Door Have to SHut All the Way?

Started by podville

Replies: 8
Views: 7474
Last post December 19, 2009, 05:32:22 PM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool Comb oven/microwave oven door locked

Started by chuckster

Replies: 6
Views: 4181
Last post May 20, 2009, 01:43:22 PM
by Al Capone
Tappan oven door broke.