365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: appliances that hate you  (Read 221 times)

Offline twayneb

• Technician
appliances that hate you
« on: August 14, 2012, 06:08:22 PM »
anybody have appliances that they know hates them? for me for whatever reason it is the whirlpool in door ice models. most of the time it's pretty straight forward bad optics (easy to tell jump receiver board and goes to work) or bad valve or imkr, but i seem to get one every few months that gives me He**. today was the one , go out and ice maker is running continuous never fills with water won't fill even if jump l  to v on ice maker and optics had no light but was sending power to ice maker . thought no light was due to icemaker being in harvest mode. install new ice maker jump it it fills (with not enough water stopped up valve). optics light never came on. changed valve also. left unit told customer i would call in morning. i'm expecting no ice or ice overfilling bucket. any way just needed to vent to some folks who would understand. by the way this call was just after a electrolux bullet hole ice maker which i hate but am pretty sure they don't hate me, been one of those days all around :D

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: appliances that hate you
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
All this new fangled laser mess and such is enough to rattle anybodys cage. Every now and then you just gotta bust a move and relax:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline twayneb

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:20:38 PM »
had til wait til 5:30 JW, but aint it funny how a few cold beverages can change your perspective. talked to a good friend earlier that just quit quiet a lucrative job. stress was too much.  i shouldn't stress heck it's just ice it,s not like the beer was getting warm. thanks for the video right on time.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 03:16:39 AM »
JW is right -  when you get a puzzler,  step back,  come back tomorrow fresh and try again.   And........... a beer or your drink of choice at night won't hurt.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline dentdaddy

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »
Dishwashers...they hate me and the feeling is mutual.
Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good.
SW Oklahoma

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »
I think it just depends on what you get use to working on or experienced with.

I remember hating working on front load washers when the Maytag neptune first come out. Then after they had been our for awhile and I gained some experience with them they ended up being as easy to diagnose and repair as a Whirlpool top load direct drive.

I hate brands I'm not familiar with but still see every now and then around here such as LG and GE, but with my iPad in hand and a internet connection I can fix anything.

Sometimes it takes a few trips, lots of parts and I don't make any money, but I can fix it sooner or later... :2funny:

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
Anything that starts with Ma and ends in tag...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 08:02:55 AM »
I hate dishwashers.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 08:34:23 AM »
Thats the nature of the beast AJ.Sometimes you have to get your feet wet and work on something new to learn about that product so you have to put in a part to see if that will fix it.And if i do not make ant money on the job and maybe able to brake even at least i learn something.But saying that somethings i do not want to touch.

Offline twayneb

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 04:57:50 PM »
maybe the ice maker decided to play nice spoke to customer and everything seems to be working fine. just guessing led is burnt out on the board. it is what you get used to working on. like maytag for instance can do most with my eyes closed worked at a mhac for about 9yrs. unfortunately in my area i have to be used to working on anything, going to finish a repair on oasis water cooler on monday. dishwashers i never had a problem with until every manufacture decided to make them where you have to remove from cabinet to do almost anything.

newfangled electronic appliances

Started by RegUS_PatOff

Replies: 4
Views: 64
Last post March 23, 2008, 12:24:35 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
booby trapped appliances

Started by BrntToast

Replies: 2
Views: 85
Last post April 01, 2008, 04:12:27 PM
by JWWebster
SubZero appliances

Started by JWWebster

Replies: 5
Views: 105
Last post February 11, 2011, 11:08:42 AM
by ryan111
Your thoughts on GE appliances and GE warranty work?

Started by AJ

Replies: 7
Views: 152
Last post June 03, 2011, 11:34:27 AM
by PARTech
Selling Used Appliances

Started by blondejon

Replies: 38
Views: 371
Last post June 27, 2011, 11:52:02 AM
by AJ
daewoo appliances?