Forum > Dishwasher Repair

More than 1 million GE and Hotpoint dishwashers are being recalled

<< < (2/3) > >>

bigjon30:
any in mississippi area i need the work

rego:
I have a friend in fire dept. and when I posted this recall on my FB page he thanked me because there were 2 incidents already in the area.  Just realized my better half has one of the units.  She called GE and they were...shall we say...ignorant and pissy...but scheduled the service call for next Wed. between 8-12 and they will call 1/2 hour before if you don't answer they will not come out.  Sure wish I could run my business with that attitude and still make money.  Needless to say I will be there waiting and watching.  Not sure who is going to do the service call.  I know there are a ton of great techs working for these big company's but there are some who just don't give a rat's you know what on the end result.  It should be interesting and hopefully learn something in the process.  I'll let you know how it goes.

AJ:
Get some part numbers for us, photos would be cool too.  :thanks:

rego:
 O0

scrapiron:
I've done over 20 of these recalls. Part number is WD05X10017X. You won't want to stock any since GE preships the part to the customer. Repair takes abou 20 -30 minutes, slide the DW out about 3/4 of the way. Use a 15/16" socket. Use your hand to loosen & tighten the element mounting nuts. I'll try to remember to grab the instruction sheet next time I do one of these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version