Forum > Dishwasher Repair

More than 1 million GE and Hotpoint dishwashers are being recalled

(1/3) > >>

AJ:
GE Recalls Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of product: GE, GE Adora™, GE Eterna™, GE Profile™ and Hotpoint®, Dishwashers

Units: About 1.3 million in the United States

Manufacturer: GE Appliances, of Louisville, Ky.

Hazard: An electrical failure in the dishwasher's heating element can pose a fire hazard.

Incidents/Injuries: GE has received 15 reports of dishwasher heating element failures, including seven reports of fires, three of which caused extensive property damage. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves GE, GE Adora, GE Eterna, GE Profile and Hotpoint brand dishwashers. They were sold in black, white, bisque, stainless steel and CleanSteel™ exterior colors and finishes. The model and serial numbers can be found on a metallic plate located on the left tub wall visible when the door is opened.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12244.html

LowSL2:
Oh no... How much do you want to bet that A&E/Sears will be doing the recall repairs on these?  This is going to be a nightmare....

AJ:
I bet you end up doing a ton of them for Sears. Me on the other hand won't be doing any. :(
There was a dishwasher recall years ago that involved replacing the heater, was that Maytag?

LowSL2:
Maytag and Jenn-Air had a big recall a couple of years ago. That was a nightmare too. Always add them to our route for dame day service when we're already running two to three hours behind. Always fun to reschedule a customer that's been waiting two weeks to get their washer repaired because some Yahoo called in that day with a recall repair. Always great customer service with the blue crew.

RAH52:
I too went thru that with maytag ,the first week the phone rang off the hook ,too bad we don't do GE  warranty .Its hectic but it gives you lots of work .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version