Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Kenmore 665 (665.16262400) - clean light blinks 7X - 'reset' does not help

(1/2) > >>

Johncanfixit:
I have a Kenmore Elite 665 series dish washer with the clean light blinking. It blinks 7 times. I have reset it it with the normal wash-heated dry buttons several times. After a reset it goes through some steps and I believe no light comes on at all. But when iI try to wash a load afterwards with the normal cycle the green light starts to blink each time when it is well into the cycle. The heater element shows 13 ohm. I have reseated the connections to the heater and they looked fine to begin with. I have reseated the connections to the thermistor ( temp sensor). I also reseated the strip to the control panel. The dishwasher gets water and the water  is sprayed by the arms. The door latch switches seem to be fine ( I manually moved them), but I can not check if they actually work when the door is closed. Float is not stuck open. HELP!
Any suggestions on what to do next?
Can I safely check if the heater element actually heats up?
Can I safely check if there is power to the heater element during the cycle?
Could it be the control board? Can I test the control board?
Where do I find a tech sheet online? model 665.16262400
Any suggestion or any answer would be greatly appreciated.

John

AJ:

--- Quote ---Can I safely check if the heater element actually heats up?
--- End quote ---
I would use a clamp on amp meter.

--- Quote ---Can I safely check if there is power to the heater element during the cycle?
--- End quote ---
Yes, try running the diagnostic cycle in the tech sheet.

--- Quote ---Could it be the control board? Can I test the control board?
--- End quote ---
Could be the control board or the element. Take a look at the tech sheet.
Run the diagnostic cycle and see what you come up with.

--- Quote ---Where do I find a tech sheet online? model 665.16262400
--- End quote ---
I have attached a copy of the tech sheet to this post for you.

Let us know what you find or if you have any other questions.

Johncanfixit:
Thanks for the help and the tech sheet. I ran the diagnostics cycle and the heater is supposed to come on in interval 9 and 1. I opened the door each time and touched the heater element. After interval 9 the element was warm, at the end of the cycle after interval 1 it was cold. I disconnected the thermistor and ran the diagnostic cycle again. That second time I did not check after interval 9 but at the end after interval 1 the element was warm. Any suggestions?

John

haroldsappliance:
I would check that the heater is good with an ohm meter. It could even be shorted to ground. You may even put your volt meter leads on heater terminals to see that your getting proper voltage.

Johncanfixit:
Cleaning the sump fixed the problem, EVEN THOUGH the upper rack had been getting plenty of water (or so it seemed). Thank you all so much for replying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version