365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: stock  (Read 149 times)

Offline johnc103

• Technician
stock
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »
other then belts and fuses..........whats the best parts to carry if you have limited funds when you are just getting off the ground?

Offline Bailey

• Technician
Re: stock
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
Whirlpool pump, motor coupler, lid switch, agitator dogs. Dryer elements, thermal fuses, idler pulley, drum rollers.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
For starters

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4029.0
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=8120.0

I think it may very by area too. I see mostly whirlpool, old matag and frigidaire in my area. I have been cutting down on my stock a bit this year. Most thing I can get the next day via regular ups ground shipping or free shipping if my order is large enough.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:13:53 PM »
Btw, when I went to work for myself four years ago I ordered thousands of dollars worth of stock.
Thinking I knew just what would be needed after being in the biz for 20 years already. If I had it to do over again I never would have ordered so much at one time. I still have parts around from that order and wonder what the heck I was thinking, lol... Even building up your stock slowly you will end up with parts that did not get the job done, parts customers no longer want, etc... The pile builds up fast enough on its own.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Would be interesting to hear what others stock for GE and LG brands.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »
I carry a lot of ge parts. Dryer heater restrings,belts,tstats,pulleys,support bearings,knobs. Washer pumps,belts,fuses,tub seals,damper straps,knobs,agitator hub, pressure switch,lid switches, ect. Dishwasher springs,seal kit, motor pumps assembly,limit stat, corner gaskets,check valve,door switches, etc. Microwave fuses, switches,turntable motors and coupler,stats and limit switches etc. Stove elements, burners, receptacles,infinite switches,terminal blocks,etc. Refrigerator evap motors, condenser motors, sensors, mother board, time delay board, time delay solenoid, dips flap, def limit, def elements door switches, timers,etc. All of the parts mentioned I do consider fast moving and a very necessary inventory for my truck. Without this and more I could not operate in an efficient manner. I stock very little lg parts.

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
I stock an LG dryer element and an icemaker. Have you seen one of those? Cheesy plastic flextray!

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 02:01:51 AM »
     When starting out,   Everytime you buy parts slowly add a few items every day til you get your stock up.  I stock all the fast moving parts - Whirlpool laundry - couplers, clutches, thermal fuses, cutoff kits, coil kits, thermostats, 1 each of all elements, pumps, 827 dryer motor, 2 speed washer motor, and some other misc. parts.  Same goes for fast moving stuff other brands.   I don't carry anything LG or Samsung at this time, just get when I need.   Also 3 sets of Stainless hoses which I try to sell whenever I can,  and stainless gas lines,  venting.   
     For Refrigerators,  I carry a big assortment of Relay/overloads, capacitors,  defrost timers and defrost thermostats.   1 GE circuit board, 1 emmiter board kit,  1 modular icemaker, 1 GE IM6, and one new frigidare icemaker.   My theory is - if I do a call on a refrigerator,  I don't want to come back if I don't have to. 
     Oven - Stove - cooktop - I carry electric elements,  recepticles, only the real common bake elements, and burner switches.    I carry many ignitors and spark modules,  couple of gas valves,  and a variety of electrodes.
     Dishwasher - GE piston and nut, Latches, drain valve coil kit, inlet valves,   Kitchen aid / Whirlpool  chopper kit, inlet valves, latches, and other misc. parts, and same for Electrolux parts.   
     I have to say I've cut down a lot on the parts I carry.   Years ago,  I carried a GE profile transmission, Whirlpool tranny, Brake assembly,  A ton of motors, ERC's.     Way too much.         
     I live 5 minutes away from the parts store (which is one of the company's warehouses that stocks almost everything) so I can stop on the way out in the morning or way home and pick up anything I need.   
     And in General, if you have to come back to a location, there is always the possibility they will change their mind and buy a new unit instead of fixing.    Thats why I want to shoot to fix whatever I'm working on first time out.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 02:06:10 AM »
Also every belt, pulley, glides and roller known to man,  Make sure you have a pop rivit gun for the old maytag glides......
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Truck Stock Inventory?

Started by andersenappliance

Replies: 17
Views: 252
Last post January 20, 2013, 07:22:58 AM
by Wedgeman55