Author Topic: MAYTAG Dishwasher Quiet Series 300, some buttons work, others not (MDB5601AWW)  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
Greetings again guys --

Got an odd issue with this Maytag dishwasher (MDB5601AWW), the majority of the buttons on the control panel do not properly function (these are the flat buttons, pressing directly against a substrate/circuit board).  The "AutoClean", "Heavy Wash", and "Rinse Only" buttons seem to work ok, but the rest do not, including the "Start/Cancel", so the device is completely non-functional.

When the buttons are pressed, a very dim light indication can be seen in a couple of the other button's light indicators, always the same ones.

Is this something I can fix myself, of should I just replace the unit?  I am presuming it is a computer issue -- it's hard for me to imagine it is anything else -- but I do not want to get caught up with repair of a unit where isolating the problem involves 10 different components.

Thanks again guys!

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
It needs the console replaced. It's a very common problem with these Maytag dishwashers.

6-919821

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
Roger that - I have removed the part and inspected it for visible damage.  There is some minor crud in areas, but a potential issue appears to be that the ribbon cable itself seems to have some damage internally to the ribbon.  It's hard to tell.

I ordered the replacement control panel you provided.

I'll buy you a beer if this is the end of it!

Thanks for the prompt attention.

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
All hail the Appliance Parts Pros and the network of professionals on this website!

Unit fixed and functioning normally in 48 hours.

Enjoy this beer, tgoods -- thanks, again.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Thank you very much.  :cheers:

Offline Kris Lee

• VIP Member
  • I am me........ok seriously I keep busy and am currently co-hosting an online call in radio talk show that I created a few nights a week. I'm also in the process of launching a 24/7 online radio station while pursuing the purchase of an FM station. I'm al
Class Action Against Whirlpool (Maytag) Regarding Control Panels

I have filed a class action lawsuit against Whirlpool for their faulty control panels in their Whirlpool and Maytag dishwashers. Please contact my attorney Eppsteiner & Fiorica Attorneys, LLP at 866.548.8857 and let them know if you own or owned a dishwasher with control panel failures.

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
Right on, thanks.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Do the consumers ever get something that amounts to anything in such class auctions or do just the lawyers make out in the end?

After participating in a few such class actions over the years and receiving checks in the mail from them for just a few bucks I don't bother with them any more. Seems they just get you all pumped up over nothing. At least that has been my experiance.
Follow us on Google+ to see updates from our Google Drive and more!

Quick wash and start buttons do not work on dishwasher.

Started by bless

Replies: 1
Views: 927
Last post May 23, 2012, 10:16:08 AM
by AJ
Maytag Quiet Series 200 stopped working

Started by RickiTikkiTavi

Replies: 4
Views: 3067
Last post December 09, 2010, 03:33:16 PM
by PARTech
Whirlpool GU2475XTVY0 Quiet Partner IV series SS dishwasher

Started by jimbo6679

Replies: 5
Views: 1222
Last post February 24, 2013, 05:56:30 PM
by jumptrout51
Maytag MDBTT60AWW dishwasher.

Started by Bob

Replies: 3
Views: 6360
Last post September 07, 2007, 07:47:07 AM
by AJ
Maytag dishwasher Control panel replacement

Started by Pastyann

Replies: 1
Views: 5888
Last post September 20, 2007, 12:28:07 PM
by AJ
If your dishwasher does not work just give this a try.

Started by apptech

Replies: 2
Views: 1723
Last post December 05, 2007, 12:55:33 PM
by AJ