Author Topic: MAYTAG Dishwasher Quiet Series 300, some buttons work, others not (MDB5601AWW)  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
Greetings again guys --

Got an odd issue with this Maytag dishwasher (MDB5601AWW), the majority of the buttons on the control panel do not properly function (these are the flat buttons, pressing directly against a substrate/circuit board).  The "AutoClean", "Heavy Wash", and "Rinse Only" buttons seem to work ok, but the rest do not, including the "Start/Cancel", so the device is completely non-functional.

When the buttons are pressed, a very dim light indication can be seen in a couple of the other button's light indicators, always the same ones.

Is this something I can fix myself, of should I just replace the unit?  I am presuming it is a computer issue -- it's hard for me to imagine it is anything else -- but I do not want to get caught up with repair of a unit where isolating the problem involves 10 different components.

Thanks again guys!

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
It needs the console replaced. It's a very common problem with these Maytag dishwashers.

6-919821

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
Roger that - I have removed the part and inspected it for visible damage.  There is some minor crud in areas, but a potential issue appears to be that the ribbon cable itself seems to have some damage internally to the ribbon.  It's hard to tell.

I ordered the replacement control panel you provided.

I'll buy you a beer if this is the end of it!

Thanks for the prompt attention.

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
All hail the Appliance Parts Pros and the network of professionals on this website!

Unit fixed and functioning normally in 48 hours.

Enjoy this beer, tgoods -- thanks, again.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Thank you very much.  :cheers:

Offline Kris Lee

• VIP Member
  • I am me........ok seriously I keep busy and am currently co-hosting an online call in radio talk show that I created a few nights a week. I'm also in the process of launching a 24/7 online radio station while pursuing the purchase of an FM station. I'm al
Class Action Against Whirlpool (Maytag) Regarding Control Panels

I have filed a class action lawsuit against Whirlpool for their faulty control panels in their Whirlpool and Maytag dishwashers. Please contact my attorney Eppsteiner & Fiorica Attorneys, LLP at 866.548.8857 and let them know if you own or owned a dishwasher with control panel failures.

Offline Shotgun

• VIP Member
Right on, thanks.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Do the consumers ever get something that amounts to anything in such class auctions or do just the lawyers make out in the end?

After participating in a few such class actions over the years and receiving checks in the mail from them for just a few bucks I don't bother with them any more. Seems they just get you all pumped up over nothing. At least that has been my experiance.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Quick wash and start buttons do not work on dishwasher.

Started by bless

Replies: 1
Views: 1765
Last post May 23, 2012, 10:16:08 AM
by AJ
Maytag Quiet Series 200 stopped working

Started by RickiTikkiTavi

Replies: 4
Views: 3445
Last post December 09, 2010, 03:33:16 PM
by PARTech
Whirlpool GU2475XTVY0 Quiet Partner IV series SS dishwasher

Started by jimbo6679

Replies: 5
Views: 1977
Last post February 24, 2013, 05:56:30 PM
by jumptrout51
Maytag MDBTT60AWW dishwasher.

Started by Bob

Replies: 3
Views: 7674
Last post September 07, 2007, 07:47:07 AM
by AJ
Maytag dishwasher Control panel replacement

Started by Pastyann

Replies: 1
Views: 7058
Last post September 20, 2007, 12:28:07 PM
by AJ
If your dishwasher does not work just give this a try.

Started by apptech

Replies: 2
Views: 2286
Last post December 05, 2007, 12:55:33 PM
by AJ