Author Topic: maytag washer lat2500aae squeels for a couple of seconds at the begining of spin  (Read 892 times)

Offline dmarino

• VIP Member
Belts were new last summer and have cracks in them now, purchased new belts but have not installed them yet. I am wondering if there is a problem that would cause the belts to crack this soon.

the belt to the transmission has three slices about half way through the belt about two inches apart from each other. the other belt has one slice about the same depth.

I say the belts are new but a repairman who came out last summer and replaced the timer said he replaced the belts for me at no charge because he had some warranty belts on his truck.

if I install the new belts and the sound is gone am I good to go or could there be another problem?

lat2500aae

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
I would replace both belts and see if it still makes the noise.
I always replace both belts at the same time. Your washer uses belt kit part # 12112425

Also make sure all the pulleys are clean of any rubber from the old belts.

Let us know if it still makes any noise or not after you replaced them.
Hope you find our site helpful.
Follow us on Google+

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
Replace your belts, and check that your spring loaded motor is holding tension. Belts are 211124 and 211125.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=47786
I have seen where tub seal had just enough of a seepage leak to corrode bearing sleeve. This will cause drag. If washer is spinning up to speed and spinning clothes out good, then you probably just need to replace the belt. There is a spring kit for the motor if that's the case.

Offline Bailey

• Technician
 These are special belts that are designed to slip a little bit. If the transmission leaks oil it will get on the belts and make them sticky. This can lead to the belts overheating. The cracks are from the belt being too hot and the rubber hardening.Another cause is if the transmission pulley is hard to turn. In one direction it should turn quite easily. That is the agitate direction. The other way there will be some initial resistance as you have to overcome the brake. If it turns hard either way let us know and we will discuss the next step.

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

Maytag washer mah4000aww spin cycle

Started by evo100

Replies: 1
Views: 2659
Last post December 25, 2007, 09:41:02 PM
by AJ
Maytag Neptune Washer - No Spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 6
Views: 5609