Author Topic: Frigidaire Range No Bake or Broil  (Read 2425 times)

Offline app1

• Technician
Frigidaire Range No Bake or Broil
« on: July 17, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »
Hello,
I am working on a Frigidaire Electric Range Model# FES367ASG and the Bake and the Broil DO NOT work, however the burners on top are fine. I checked for 220 coming in and its OK, I checked both of the elements for continuity and are both fine.I have to what appears to be thermastats under the top the one towars the front of the range has continuity but does not have power-not sure if its supposed to.... The one towards the back has 110 coming in but does not show continuity.. Should one be with power and the other just continuity? I asked another guy and he said more than likely its the clock/timer - board.. Does that sound about right? OR should I be looking at something else that I may have missed.. I do not want to get a board for this person only to find out its something different!!!!
THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME -- I AM GOING BACK ON THIS CALL IN THE MORNING!!
THANKS in advance for any help
CONFUSED!!!!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Frigidaire Range No Bake or Broil
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 06:55:28 PM »
You always have one leg of power going directly into the elements. if along the way their are limits that means they are in line to pop if the oven overheats. So they must show continuity. Here is a very basic video:

May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline app1

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:47:20 PM »
OK JW
Are you saying that BOTH of these limits should have continuity ? Because the one that DOES have continuity DOES NOT show power
and the one that DOES NOT show continuity DOES show power.
I understand the video but I am not sure what you mean on the limits -- do both limits run the bake and broil seperately?
I am not hard to confuse!
Please explain to me what you are saying! Thanks For The Help, I see you on here alot and you know your appliances.... Glad you are avaiable!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
A limit kills the power using a bi-metal within. It's job is to stop the electrical circuit when an oven exceeds a safe temp. If a limit is open that means something happened to this oven to make that thermal limit pop and most likely it was because the peeps was using the self clean feature. Self clean as you may know causes more troubles than any other worry. Perhaps the oven sensor has a small amount of grease on the quick connect. As the oven heats up the sensor is off just a little. Instead of heating properly for self clean it allows temps to exceed the safe temp or a person try's to interrupt the cycle or a sudden power outage and then a surge runs through the device and booyah it pops. Or it gets old and tired and just dies. Who knows?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:19:49 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline app1

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »
THANK YOU everyone for your help... I replaced the board and it looked a little different but it was the right part number. When I turned the breaker on it made a big pop and a plash. However,for some reason it still works.. the new board had a resistor blow that was NOT on the original board.. But it still works, I don't understand how but it does...Any thoughts of why it works? ALSO frigidaire is sending a new board to the parts house as they said it was defective... ALL ENDS WELL ---- THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS FORUM...... IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Frigidaire Range no Bake or Broil

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 3050
Last post May 13, 2008, 09:48:19 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Hotpoint Range no Bake or Broil

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 2286
Last post May 18, 2008, 07:42:18 AM
by TechnicianBrian