Author Topic: is ther txv ?  (Read 5330 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: is ther txv ?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
Got any kids? Reason I asked is my grandbaby stuck a toy down the toilet and it got hung in the pipe. That was a lot of fun.  :2funny: :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:32:33 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
looked at the download info on the aircore unit but ther was no mention of the the size of the restrictor.i'll check more sites and maybe find what i'm looking for.mr. cheap came the smorning and cleaned out the mainline drain. that's done with.took the cleaner back to home depot for a refund. back to the restrictor valve in small line in outside unit. if the arcoaire unit has different size restrictor than the origanal comfortmaker .067 could this affect the temperture output.

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
didn't check any sites no time today. does that restrictor have any thing to do do with the air temp ?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »
You must have a mismatch
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »
if it's a mismatch that means it could have an affect on the temp output as you say. so i will con tact the guys that installed it. i'll try to get them to check without having to pay for this checkup. i'll post to let you know whats up.

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
talked to a tech on the phone . and said the unit is matched wih the origanal unit in the attic.hot today 92 93 .the outside units big suction line isn't even sweating or cold. what do you think i should do ?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 05:07:45 AM »
EXM36F19A1 appears to be a 3 ton unit or 36000 BTU unit. How many square feet of living space are you trying to cool?
http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-BTU-Per-Square-Foot
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »
got in touch with an aircore tech he said that the new unit outside which doesn't have a restrictor in the small line valve like the origanal comfort maker had doesn't matter as far the the temp of air goes. that clears that question up. i took off side cover in attic unit made sure the sensing bulb was tight on the big line. it's positioned at the two o clock position. the instalation manual that came with the the arcoair unit shows an illustration of the sensing bulb at either the 4 oclock or 8oclock position. this from the instructions showing the instalation of a trx valve in the attic unit  if it didn't already have atrx valve . could this make a difference. should i change the position of the sensing bulb ?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »
If it is out of place how is it going to work right?Did you tell the installer you believe it is out of place?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:26:38 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »
i took the side cover off  a week after he was here .should i move it to the recomened position myself. you do think this might lower the output temp ?