Author Topic: is ther txv ?  (Read 3577 times)

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
Re: is ther txv ?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
talked to a tech on the phone . and said the unit is matched wih the origanal unit in the attic.hot today 92 93 .the outside units big suction line isn't even sweating or cold. what do you think i should do ?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 05:07:45 AM »
EXM36F19A1 appears to be a 3 ton unit or 36000 BTU unit. How many square feet of living space are you trying to cool?
http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-BTU-Per-Square-Foot
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »
got in touch with an aircore tech he said that the new unit outside which doesn't have a restrictor in the small line valve like the origanal comfort maker had doesn't matter as far the the temp of air goes. that clears that question up. i took off side cover in attic unit made sure the sensing bulb was tight on the big line. it's positioned at the two o clock position. the instalation manual that came with the the arcoair unit shows an illustration of the sensing bulb at either the 4 oclock or 8oclock position. this from the instructions showing the instalation of a trx valve in the attic unit  if it didn't already have atrx valve . could this make a difference. should i change the position of the sensing bulb ?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »
If it is out of place how is it going to work right?Did you tell the installer you believe it is out of place?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:26:38 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »
i took the side cover off  a week after he was here .should i move it to the recomened position myself. you do think this might lower the output temp ?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
Might be doing more harm than good. Get a guy that works on your brand out there.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 06:58:13 AM »
The txv position is OK on your unit. The refrigerant charge must be adjusted using the super heat/subcool method.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »
Thanks Jumpy; been trying to tell him that all along. He needs to get somebody out there to fine tune that puppy.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline 4uzindian

• VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
thank you guys so much for your worldly advice. i'll not change the position of the sensing bulb. forgot you said to get someone to fine tune this unit. sofor now it's keeping the house a lot cooler than outside.because of the cost i'll hold of on calling someone. so i'll be closing this post for now. i'll surely post again if i call a tech . thank's again .