Author Topic: GSS25KGSABB- water filter replacement- reset the indicator light issue  (Read 974 times)

Offline tcape

• VIP Member
Customer called and said she used be able to replace the water filter and then press the button for 3 seconds at the dispenser area and the light would turn from red to green. She was told if it didn't work to remove and reinstall the water filter. She tried that but the light goes from red to "no light".  I briefly looked at it and explained it was possible that this worked like some filter alarms on thermostats. Resetting the water filter status starts a timer and makes the red light come on after say 90 days(or whatever it really is) Replacing the filter then resetting the timer just sets it back at "green". Is this the way it is or is there something in the filter that sends a signal to the light. I looked at the diagram and there doesn't appear to be any wires at the filter. Not sure but I would doubt there is a pressure switch that senses reduced water pressure through the filter and turns on the light, but maybe there is.

Any advice would be helpful to this little old lady.

Thanks

GSS25KGSABB

Tony

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
If the ice box was indeed "SENSING" the water filter needs to be swapped out then I would suppose the red light would come right back on.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline tcape

• VIP Member
Thanks for your excellent answer, that makes sense.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
It just counts the number of times the water dispenser switch was closed from when they put water in the glass.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Kinda Splains why they need that fancy little board up in there instead if a simple switch to actuate the water valve. LOL
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Frigidaire water actuator replacement

Started by hon2007

Replies: 4
Views: 10533
Last post November 24, 2007, 07:26:23 PM
by AJ
GE TFX24ZR Refrigerator - where's the water filter located?!

Started by arizonaheat

Replies: 0
Views: 4857
Last post June 17, 2008, 12:22:14 PM
by arizonaheat
Frigidaire/Sears no water issue

Started by Joefo

Replies: 6
Views: 2683
Last post January 25, 2009, 07:32:55 AM
by Kayakcrzy
wfcb Frigidaire Puresourceplus Water Filter