Author Topic: model LDF7932ST has code HE  (Read 2649 times)

Offline MC2

• VIP Member
model LDF7932ST has code HE
« on: June 25, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »
My dishwasher ser#905KWVQ00343 keeps giving a code HE at end of washing.(detergent door open, dishes clean, some water in bottom of dishwasher that is warm. Could dit just be an intermittent heating element?
LDF7932ST

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Re: model LDF7932ST has code HE
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
Hi,

Do you still need help with this or did you find the problem?

Offline MC2

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
I was going to check the continuity of the heating element this weekend. If is open I will start with replacing that.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »
Sounds good,

I don't have any experience with LG dishwashers myself, but one of our other techs maybe able to help answer any questions you have.

Let us know what you find with the element or if you have any other questions.

Offline MC2

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
Alright, I'll let you know. Thanks

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:32:40 PM »
<<<detergent door open, dishes clean, some water in bottom of dishwasher that is warm.>>>

Indications---that the dishwasher is functioning normally.

However---on LDF7932 dishwashers---there's a software glitch in the MAIN BOARD.

During a cycle---if the water temperature slightly exceeds 158F---the MAIN BOARD triggers an "HE" error.

A new/ re-programmed MAIN BOARD has been introduced that does not "recognize" a slight overshoot of the water temperature as a fault or defect.

Original MAIN BOARD:  EBR38144402

Revised (corrected) MAIN BOARD :  EBR38144404

Offline jay_ntwr

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »
My dishwasher (same model number) is also throwing the HE code.

I started by taking it out and checking the thermistor and it was bad so I ordered one from here:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/ADZ32992801/1367007?modelNumber=LDF7932ST

I didn't check to make sure the new one was good but assumed it was.  Of course, it threw the HE code right away on the first wash after the replacement so I'm kicking myself for not checking the heating element in that part.

The hot water is 122 degrees so I'm guessing it's not the mainboard.  Furthermore, the mainboard was replaced under warranty about 18 months after getting the dishwasher so I'm hoping I have the new one anyway.

The repair manual says "to confirm steam generator error, press "delay start and rinse only" buttons simultaneously.  However, it doesn't say to do this while the HE error is flashing or after.  I'm hoping that will narrow it down but right now with the HE error flashing, pressing the buttons isn't doing anything.  Also, there is no "rinse only" just a "rinse button so I'm assuming it's the rinse and delay start buttons simultaneously.

So, I turned it off and back on again, just tried to push those two buttons without the HE error flashing and still I don't get anything.

I also can run it through the steam cycle so I'm thinking that maybe the heater in the bottom of the tub could be the bad one.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:37:27 PM by jay_ntwr »

Offline PARTech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Panhandle Appliance LLC
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 10:01:33 PM »
Did you try pushing those buttons during the cycle?
Serving North Idaho

Offline jay_ntwr

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 03:05:27 PM »
Did you try pushing those buttons during the cycle?

I just started it and let it run for about 30 minutes and then tried the button combo and again, it didn't do anything.  Thanks for the tip though, I didn't think about doing it while it was running.

I'm thinking I'm just going to try to take it out tonight and see if I have continuity on both the heater in the tub and the one in the steam generator.  The more I think about it, the more I think it must be the one in the tub that is bad.  Luckily, I have one sitting here ready to install because I ordered the that part first thinking it was the heating element for the steam generator before realizing that it's not serviceable.  I just haven't returned the part yet.

Offline jay_ntwr

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »
Okay, I still can't get the codes to come up per the manual but I did find the check program sequences.

If you do Spray+Rinse+Power all at the same time, you can then hit Delay Start and cycle through some stuff.

1 time gets you the temperature in Celsius of the steam generator and the 9th time gets you the temperature of the sump in Celsius.

I found that running through the steam cycle for a while that the sump never got above 22 C, or about 90 F.  The steam went from 14 C to 105 C which is just perfect for steam. 

So that tells me that the sump heater is bad (which I do have only by chance) so I'll replace some time in the next couple of days and report back.

I still can't get the right combo for the thing to give me the 00:E0 through 00:E5 codes though (and perhaps it's because the generator is working ok?)

Offline jay_ntwr

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 06:48:37 PM »
Ok, the heating element that was in the bottom of the motor/tub was indeed bad so I replaced it with the new one that I'd inadvertently ordered and still not returned.  I check continuity, it was good on the new one.  I also checked the steam generator and it was good too so I proudly put it all back together and installed it today and fired it up just knowing that everything would be fixed.

Then, of course, HE error 15 minutes before the whole cycle was over.

That's the last LG thing I'm ever buying.

I just don't know what else to do with this thing other than set it on the curb and let someone take it away as scrap metal.

That's frustrating for sure.

Offline jay_ntwr

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 09:08:29 PM »
Ok, I checked today just to make sure that the main board was the new version and not the old one that had the temperature problem and it is certainly the new part number that has the fix and was repaired under warranty about 18 months in as I'd first described.

I still can't figure out how to show what the specific HE code problem is but I'm done with this thing.  I'm going to yank the new parts, the main board, and put it on the curb (or possibly tannerite it if I get buy in with the land owner).

As I read somewhere else, LG is Luxurious Garbage.  Never ever ever again.

Offline jay_ntwr

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 12:18:53 PM »
Ok, more info for any of you poor folks out there with this stupid dishwasher....

I found this on a review:

The first major problem is it barfs up an "HE" code meaning the heating cycle is not working. The underlying problem is LG put the relay for the heating coil on the main circuit board. The relay can't take the 500-1000 watts or whatever the load is and simply melts. They actually had a recall at one point because it burned down a few houses. They blamed it on "poor soldering". Not really, it's poor design that will never work in a million years. You simply can't run that much power through a small relay and expect it not to fail. The thing never really dried the dishes anyway so it's hard to tell when it's not working. The "fix" is to replace the main circuit board which is around $125, if I do it myself. Having someone fix it would exceed the cost of getting a new dishwasher.

What that's telling me is that my main board has a burnt up relay.  Great, every single thing that the HE code could mean, we've had it sounds like all at the same time.  That sucks.  This thing isn't but three years old and it's had the entire motor assembly replaced, the main board replaced (twice if I fix it this go around) and the steam generator and heater replaced (and the heater was already replaced with the motor assembly once already).

We're going to do a kitchen remodel in a few months and this thing will never go back in if I have to take it out one more time.  The only reason I'm even entertaining replacing the main board is because it's really easy to do and is "only" another $150 at this point to be back in business for a few more months.

Good money after bad, after bad, after bad after bad.

My advice if you see the HE code.  Tannerite the LG and get something that doesn't say LG on it to replace it.

Hope that helps someone.

Offline jay_ntwr

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »
Well, I have a brand new main board and still have an HE error. 

I've never had hatred toward an appliance until last night.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 12:15:16 PM »
Well, I have a brand new main board and still have an HE error. 

I've never had hatred toward an appliance until last night.

That stinks, did you ever find out what was causing the problem?

frigidaire dishwasher model gld2445rfs2 pf code

Started by quality

Replies: 2
Views: 915
Last post April 23, 2013, 04:37:21 PM
by AJ
LG Model #LDS4821BB, Error code LE

Started by Anita Marcoff

Replies: 7
Views: 1541
Last post July 19, 2013, 11:26:45 PM
by Anita Marcoff