Forum > Washer Repair

Kenmore Elite Top of the Line quit spinning

<< < (3/3)

Bishop:
The oil was leaking on the transmission, it covered the bottom of the tranny, but had not dripped on the floor.
If a small amount of oil leaks out will that stop the operation or does something else usually break or wear out in there first.

I'm sorry I just feel that these things should last longer than what it did.

I saw the video on Why the Washer died. Its very spookey that a company would create a product that actually limited it lifespan by incorporating materials that would begin to corrode as soon as they came in contact with each other.
The owner said his unit came with a 5 years warrenty and the unit died on the sixth year.
Sounds like it was created with a certain termination date already on the books.

AJ:

--- Quote ---If a small amount of oil leaks out will that stop the operation or does something else usually break or wear out in there first.

--- End quote ---

If the oil is not getting into the clutch that sits on top the tranny it could run for a long time.

If oil is getting up into the clutch it will start to slip and not spin out very good.

They should last longer and the whirlpool direct drives are some of the best out there. You just got a bad one, sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version