Author Topic: Whirlpool Polara Range--Bake, Convect Bake, Broil and Clean--no heat-no error co  (Read 4304 times)

Offline pjgrose

• VIP Member
Luckily my husband knows someone who has those skills.  Thanks so much for your patience and help.  I will post how it turns out, hopefully in time for the wedding, so I don't have to buy a new range. 

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Hi pjgrose. I've never worked on one of these Polara ranges or even seen one. It's an interesting concept. How do you like it? Do you use the cooling feature often?

Offline pjgrose

• VIP Member
It was the relay on the control panel board!  :) I spent $11.00 and it works great.  Soooo much better than buying a new board at around $300 or a refurbished one for over $100.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help.  I am going to tell all of my friends on facebook about your website.  I just wish I had found you guys in time to make the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding.  It was not fun baking 4  3-layer cakes one layer at a time in a tiny toaster oven.

Offline pjgrose

• VIP Member
MajorApp, I do like my polara range.  I do not often use the programming b/c we have some pretty bad power surges here and I have a fear of leaving it set when I am not at home.  I have used it to set a turkey on Thanksgiving, so I didn't have to get up so early to start it.  Also use it on Christmas morning.  Have a nice toasty breakfast casserole ready when we get up.  Its great for parties too.  Can use the fridge on it to keep extra drinks cool, or food trays that won't fit in the fridg will certainly fit in this oven.  My only complaint is that the control panel is in the front and moisture gets to them if something boils over.  It was probably that or the power surges that caused my problem.  Overall it is an awesome concept. 

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
I would love to see a video of the relay replacement. That would be cool.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline tgoods

• Technician
Good job!  O0

Offline tgoods

• Technician
Thank you! I was really thirsty, too.  :cheers:

whirlpool gas range bake and broil not lighting

Started by mike k

Replies: 6