Author Topic: LG Washer Inlet valve for main wash NOT turns on  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Mayolito

• VIP Member
LG Washer Inlet valve for main wash NOT turns on
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:19:07 AM »
Hi, I have a LG Tromm Washer , Model # WM1814CW which is not filling water for main wash cycle.
(but in pre soak its filling a little bit)
Its not displaying any error code , but when I put it on Diagnostic mode on the 5th. step (Inlet valve for main wash turns on) its not filling water.

I already test the water valves and all of them are working, water passing well, I have no response when blew the hose of the water pressure sensor, Im not sure if this sensor it works in the same way that other brands because this sensor has no contacts inside, only has two things that seems capacitors)

Please help. in your opinion what might be or what should i check first.
Thanks 

Offline clman

• Technician
  • 25 Years Appliance and Air Conditioning experience
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: LG Washer Inlet valve for main wash NOT turns on
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 03:05:50 AM »
How did you test the water valves?

What water pressure sensor are you referring to?

Offline Mayolito

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:52:01 AM »
I connected directly to each valve 110v and they all work, when I apply 110V to the valve passes water reaches the dispatcher and then to the tub.

The water presure sensor is the part no. 6601ER1006A

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »
Have you checked the water frequency level as shown on page 15?

After you do that test if the frequency is below 246 grab the small tube coming from tub to water level switch and blow out the sediment.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:04:59 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline clman

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
The water pressure sensor as you called it, in more common terms, is the water level switch. As JWWebster mentioned it works by frequency not a voltage reading. It has to be checked by the procedure on page 15 of the service manual or with a meter that can read frequency.

In test mode the water level switch maximum range / limit is ignored. It is only monitored to indicate the water flow frenquency and the communication frenquency between it's self and the pcb. The water will continue to flow past the point of what would normally be filled and turn on the drain water pump to keep it from over filling.

Do you get voltage to the water valve /s in test mode? There must be 115V present at the individual water valves when in the corresponding test mode that actuates the valve. No voltage - pcb or wiring issue. Also, while in the test mode for the particular valve, have the water line disconnected from the dispenser assmy to assure water flow. No water flow with voltage present - bad valve. ( But since you said you applied 115V manually to the valves and water flowed they must not be bad ). Lastly make sure the dispenser assmy is clean. Clogged passages and holes in the dispenser top will cause a lack of water flow.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:56:46 PM by clman »

Offline Mayolito

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
Your comments indicates me that : As I put the washer in Test mode and I have no voltage on the water valves then are low possibilities of Water level sensor malfunction. (because on test mode this device its ignored)

As I test ALL valves with 110v and water passed to drum indicates that there is no obstruction on hoses or Dispenser.

It looks PCB or wiring issue.

My question now is: If PCB is not making connection with the water valves , shoud I receive an error code? or just the failure.

Offline clman

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
You will not get an error code in test mode. You should have gotten an IE error code in the regular cycle. If you did not get an error code in a regular cycle that makes me believe that it's the m.pcb even more.

washer----leaks at water inlet valve

Started by yabadabadoo1026

Replies: 3
Views: 2787
Last post January 26, 2008, 04:45:11 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
8181694 Whirlpool Front Load Washer Water Inlet Valve

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 4685
Last post March 15, 2009, 03:44:23 PM
by AJ