Author Topic: Washer just stopped working all together in the middle of wash cycle.  (Read 5158 times)

Offline bnjmnalan

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Washer Model # LSB6200KQ1

The washer filled with water then stopped.  It does nothing now.  I turned the knob to several different positions pushed it in and out on every position and nothing, no reaction at all.  I have power from the wall outlet.  My wife has removed the clothes but the washer is still full of water.

Any thoughts on the cause of this problem or where I should start?

Is there a way to get the washer to drain itself or do I need to pump the water out to work on it?

Thank you!!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
You must flip up the controls to access the innards of the washer. You CANNOT work from the backside. The washer is designed to have the skin removed so that all componets can be easily accessed. Their are many diff styles of this particular washer. To get your control panel to flip up you must use a skinny phillips to remove 2 screws located on the backside of the shoulder on each side of the panel. Rotate the control panel up. You will see that the lidswitch is plugged into the skin. Unplug it and check the lidswitch for continuity. Visually look for signs of distress on the part of the lidswitch. This washer will allow for wash with the lid open but not spin. The lidswitch has 3 wires. One grenn ground and 2 others. In a pinch yall can bypass the lidswitch by jumping them two live wires going to the lidswitch. If the lidswitch is fine check the pump and coupler. Video of your machine:

May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline bnjmnalan

• VIP Member
Thank you for the reply.  The lid switch was the problem.  I got it changed out and with help from the video it went very well and easy!!

Thank you for the help!!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Thanks for the update.

Here is another video for future reference.

Washer Lid Switch Part # 3949247
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Glad ya could git her done!
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

washer stopped in the middle of a cycle and won't start again

Started by tetsuo73

Replies: 22
Views: 14654
Last post November 02, 2008, 09:02:18 AM
by AJ
washer stopped during wash cycle

Started by gemini

Replies: 1
Views: 2408
Last post February 10, 2010, 02:08:37 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool washer just stopped working

Started by mjrobs

Replies: 38
Views: 20596
Last post May 01, 2008, 06:08:42 PM
by AJ
Roper Washer Stops during the Wash Cycle.

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 1
Views: 3020
Last post May 28, 2013, 03:37:08 AM
by Rick32k
inglis washer ifr4200 stopped working

Started by kambogs

Replies: 6
Views: 6384
Last post June 16, 2009, 01:12:55 PM
by Mr. Fix-It
Kenmore Model 70 stoped working during the wash cycle