Forum > Dryer Repair

LG dryer won't stop running

<< < (3/4) > >>

nigeltufnel3:
Great, thanks so much for the help!

Is this something I can reasonable do myself? Any tips for getting to the control board? Anything else I should try before buying this part? I already cleaned the lint trap and sensors as people on other forums suggested and that didn't fix the problem.

domain:
This is for a gas dryer, but disassembly is IDENTICAL. You only need to watch up to 1 minute and 30 seconds or so. The main PCB is mounted to the display PCB on the rear of the control panel... O0 O0 O0 O0

tagarman:
Hey everyone,  I just got a call on a 14 month old Kenmore electric dryer (made by LG) with the same exact problem.  The motor won't shut off but you can run the cycle by powering up the board, selecting a cycle and pressing start but it won't shut off without opening the door or unplugging it.  I guess I will order and replace the board.  Thanks!!!

shanelewie:
Thanks for the information.  My 3 month old LG DLEX2650W Electric Dryer just began doing this.  I'm glad it is under warranty, the part is almost $200 dollars.  Hope they fix it well and it does not recur.

Makes you wonder when you find so many other people have experienced the same issue!

Bugsy:
I have a LG DXLE2650W dryer.  It is roughly 1.5 years old.

During the first year I had a different issue where the 'pcb assy' PART NUMBER: EBR71385602 was replaced.

Now I am experiencing the exact same issue as the original posting.
According to the solution, it seems like I need to purchase a 'pcb main assembly' PART NUMBER: EBR36858815.

Can someone explain the difference between the two parts?
I want to ensure I replace the correct part (and know the difference between the two).

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version