Author Topic: No water French Door LG # LFX23961ST  (Read 1572 times)

Offline HAS

• Technician
No water French Door LG # LFX23961ST
« on: May 17, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »
LG Fridge #LFX23961ST. No water coming out of the dispenser. The main board in back has been changed, the water valve in back is good. The water valves in the door are good. The ice maker works good.  I ran a separate 120 volts to the water valve in back and I can get water all day, out of the dispenser. I would like a service manual or some advice on what to check next. Thanks.
I been doing this too long...

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: No water French Door LG # LFX23961ST
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Service manual sent via PM.

Not a LG tech myself, but maybe another member will have some advice.

If nothing else be sure to let us know what you find wrong.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline clman

• Technician
  • 25 Years Appliance and Air Conditioning experience
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:37:21 AM »
The only thing left would be in the dispenser assembly.  The water line is clear. The m.pcb is new. The water valve is good and the water line is clear. There is a micro switch that the water dispenser actuator engages which tells the display PCB to open the water valve. If the micro switch reads continuity when clicked that leaves the display PCB and wiring to ne at fault. Since you have the service manual you can check the wiring from the door for voltage to the m.pcb connector for the water valve. Make sure the actuator is clicking the micro switch then take it from there.

Offline HAS

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 04:58:04 AM »
Thanks clman, Hopefully I can get to it today. Its Friday and I have a busy day ahead. Thanks again.

Offline clman

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
The only thing left would be in the dispenser assembly.  The water line is clear. The m.pcb is new. The water valve is good and the water line is clear. There is a micro switch that the water dispenser actuator engages which tells the display PCB to open the water valve. If the micro switch reads continuity when clicked that leaves the display PCB and wiring to ne at fault. Since you have the service manual you can check the wiring from the door for voltage to the m.pcb connector for the water valve. Make sure the actuator is clicking the micro switch then take it from there.

I need to clarify a bit. I'm afraid it was late and I had just returned from a night of "playing pool". The m.pcb does not turn on the water valve. The water valve, auger, heaters and crush / cube ice solenoid realys are all on the dispenser pcb in the display assmy. Since this is a dedicated actuator model the microswitch simply inputs to the display pcb that you want water dispensed. If the water actuator microswitch points are not making contact the dispenser pcb will not know that you want water. If it is making contact the fault would have to lie in the wiring, dispenser or display pcb. There are two pcb's in the display assmy. A dispenser pcb and a display pcb. The water microswitch inputs to the display pcb which then tells the relay on the dispenser pcb to engage. If the micro switch is good the water valve output voltage wire at the connector on the dispenser pcb should be checked. If 115 volts are read the problem is in the wiring in the door, cabinet or harness at the valve. If no voltage is present either of the pcb's are bad. But since they are not sold without the entire display assmy it does not matter which one. Look on page 18 of the serv manual to identify the connector position you need to read voltage at. If there are any noise filter capacitors ( blue rectangular plastic boxes ) in line with the water valve harness that plugs into the cabinet and the water valve they would be suspect as well ( however this model does not show it using those filters ). I hope I got all that right. Still a little fuzzy from last night. Good luck.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:34:40 PM by clman »

Offline HAS

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »
sorry it took so long to get bk. . clman you hit it out of the park. the dispenser control unit was the problem. You have to buy the whole control assembly. It makes it easy for us but hard on the customer.....

Offline clman

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
True dat.

Figidaire French Door Water Tank Freezing

Started by domain

Replies: 3
Views: 879
Last post February 05, 2013, 07:45:01 PM
by domain
water valve replacement on maytasg french door refrigerator model mfi2269vem

Started by gregaguilar

Replies: 3
Views: 1566
Last post July 28, 2013, 06:57:23 PM
by Cananot
Water under crisper on french door

Started by RMASINC

Replies: 2
Views: 289
Last post April 29, 2014, 10:11:31 PM
by niobrara
Amana Ref No water to door

Started by lpayne1234

Replies: 2
Views: 2378
Last post June 22, 2008, 09:23:28 AM
by Repair-man
LG French Door Refrigerator LRF** Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 8162
Last post July 07, 2008, 09:42:35 PM
by AJ
Buying a new refrigerator - looking at LG French door model ?

Started by rkpatt

Replies: 1
Views: 1905
Last post August 07, 2008, 06:40:51 PM
by AJ