Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Whirlpool ice maker stopped working after bucket defrost

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bailey:
Pretend you had the icemaker out and were looking at it from the square end. The ejector fingers should be pointing to around 2:00.
Any other position, replace the icemaker.

JWWebster:
If the water valve develops a drip in the freezer, the fill tube will turn into a stalagmite. Seen it.

stream41:
I tried using a hair dryer to defrost the water line and it didn't help, but I forgot to put the front cover back on, so I'll put that back in and see if it makes any difference. I'll also try cleaning out the compressor area, too.

The ejector seems to be somewhat loose - you can move it around between positions - is this normal? I tried filling the mold with a bit of water, but it didn't eject that batch of ice. Starting to look like I'll just need to replace the ice maker, huh? I've told my wife I can replace it myself for ~$130, but she thinks I need to call a repairman to make sure it isn't something else (like the water inlet valve, etc). Is there a way I can rule out the inlet valve before dropping $130 on the ice maker?

AJ:

--- Quote from: stream41 on May 23, 2012, 12:29:11 PM ---The ejector seems to be somewhat loose - you can move it around between positions - is this normal? I tried filling the mold with a bit of water, but it didn't eject that batch of ice. Starting to look like I'll just need to replace the ice maker, huh? I've told my wife I can replace it myself for ~$130, but she thinks I need to call a repairman to make sure it isn't something else (like the water inlet valve, etc). Is there a way I can rule out the inlet valve before dropping $130 on the ice maker?

--- End quote ---

You should not be able to move it around between positions, it's not normal.

Sounds like you need to replace the ice maker. This is something you can do yourself.

If you order the ice maker though the link I posted below and it does not fix it you can return it, no problem.

Your model refrigerator uses replacement ice maker, part # 2198597

AJ:
Here is the service manual for your ice maker.

4322658A R-92 Whirlpool and KitchenAid Indoor Ice System - Ice Maker Service Repair Manual

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version