Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: LE Error on LG WT1201CV Top Load Washer (And I don't think it's the hall sensor)  (Read 274 times)

Offline BenP

• VIP Member
Hi Everyone,

I've got a bit of a weird one here. I have an LG WT1201CV top load washer. Last summer, we started getting an "LE" error on every second load. I looked up some info and I replaced the hall sensor. Things seemed to get better for a while, with only the occasional LE error. When the error would initially happen, it was usually before the high speed spin at the end of the cycle.

A couple days ago, I can't run the thing at all. I get LE during the load sensing stage, right before the machine should start filling and spinning the tub.

Here's what I have tried:

-Went into diagnostic mode. Everything seems to work fine up until the high speed spin setting, then it reverts to "LE."
-The tub seems to spin freely on its own by hand. Doesn't make a noise and doesn't feel stuck or seized
-The hall sensor passes the Ohms test (I get resistance on terminals 1 to 5 and 2 to 5)
-The hall sensor is putting out 10 VDC, cycling on and off as you turn the tub (like its supposed to, I think). Should it go right to zero?
-The board seems to be supplying 15 DCV to the hall sensor, so I think the board is doing its job
-I inspected the rotor and there are no broken or cracked magnets
-The stator reads resistance across all terminals

What the heck is going on?!

I repaired restaurant equipment for 5 years, so I have some working knowledge of appliances and how to troubleshoot, but this is stumping me! All the individual components seem fine but I still can't run the darn thing. I kinda want to say it's the board, but I don't want to spend the money on being wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline bagjr387

• Technician
Depending on the age of the unit LG had a bunch of units with software issues that caused this.   If it's one of them, LG says main board and if that doesn't fix it, Rotor and stator.     But LG is not some thing I repair a lot of so I'm hoping someone else can jump in with more info

LG Washer WM2032HW LE error code after replacing hall sensor & wiring harness

Started by YoJoLo

Replies: 1
Views: 517
Last post September 09, 2016, 04:11:04 PM
by anerepair
LG Front Load Washer LE Error code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 43
Views: 130506
Last post March 12, 2012, 08:01:50 AM
by roodog