Even if you cover your food up when you cook it in the microwave things still splatter.
I have seen some really dirty microwaves over the years.
Some I have seen are so bad that I have to wonder how anyone could put there food in it and then take it out to eat it.
Fortunately microwaves are easy to clean if you know how.
First fill a microwave safe glass bowl half full of water and add a tablespoon of white vinegar.
Then place the bowl inside the microwave and turn it on for 5 minutes.
This will steam up the walls of the microwave and loosen up the dried on food.
When the five minutes is done, remove the glass bowl and wipe down the inside of the microwave with a clean paper towel.
How easy was that?
Use the Latest Tools and Techniques to Troubleshoot and Repair Major Appliances, Microwaves, and Room Air Conditioners!
Now covering both gas and electric appliances, the updated Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances, 2nd Edsecond edition of Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances offers you a complete guide to the latest tools, techniques, and parts for troubleshooting and repairing any appliance.
Packed with over 200 illustrations, the book includes step-by-step procedures for testing and replacing parts… instructions for reading wiring diagrams… charts with troubleshooting solutions… advice on using tools and test meters… safety techniques… and more. The second edition of Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances features:
- Expert coverage of major appliances
- Cutting-edge guidance on appliance operation, testing and repairing, wiring, preventive maintenance, and tools and test meters
- New to this edition: information on both gas and electric appliances; 10 entirely new chapters; new illustrations throughout
Inside This Updated Troubleshooting and Repair Manual
• Fundamentals of Service: Selection, Purchase, and Installation of Appliances and Air Conditioners • Safety Precautions • Tools for Installation and Repair • Basic Techniques • Fundamentals of Electric, Electronic, and Gas Appliances, and Room Air Conditioners: Electricity • Electronics • Gas • Principles of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration • Electric, Electronic, and Gas Appliance Parts • Appliance Service, Installation, and Preventive Maintenance Procedures: Dishwashers • Garbage Disposers • Electric and Gas Water Heaters • Washers • Electric and Gas Dryers • Electric and Gas Ranges/Ovens • Microwave Ovens • Refrigerators and Freezers • Ice Makers • Room Air Conditioners
Microwave Oven High Voltage Diode
Procedure to test the microwave high voltage diode to see if it is shorted.
1. Select the Ω scale on the meter.
2. Place the meter leads across the diode. The reading should be “40MΩ,” “OL,” or a reading of infinity.
3. Reverse the meter leads. The reading should again indicate a reading of infinity. If the diode shows “infinity” in BOTH directions, it is NOT shorted.
Microwave Door Switch Interlock System
The door lock mechanism is a device which has been specially designed to eliminate completely microwave activity when the door is opened during cooking and thus to prevent the danger resulting from the microwave leakage.
REMOVING THE TURNTABLE MOTOR
1) Remove the turntable and rotating ring.
2) Lay the unit down on its back.
3) Remove the turntable motor cover.
4) Disconnect the leadwire from the turntable motor terminals.
5) Remove the screw securing the turntable motor to the oven cavity ASSEMBLY.
6) After repairing the motor, rotate the removed turntable motor cover.
7) Fit the turntable motor cover’s projecting part to the base plate slit.
1. Remove the wire lead from the turntable motor VERY
2. Be sure to grasp the connector, not the wires, when
Microwave Oven Magnetron
Personnel should not be exposed to the microwave energy which may radiate from the magnetron or other microwave generating device if it is improperly used or connection.
All input and output microwave connections, waveguide, flange and gasket must be secure never operate the device without a microwave energy absorbing load attached.
Never look into an open waveguide or antenna while the device is energized.
• Proper operation of the microwave oven requires that the magnetron be assembled to the waveguide and cavity. Never operate the magnetron unless it is properly installed.
• Be sure that the magnetron gasket is properly installed around the dome of the tube whenever installing the magnetron.
Whirlpool Appliance Repair Service Manuals
So far we have told you were to download free Maytag Service Manuals, LG Service Manuals and Frigidaire Service Manuals.
But your not looking for any of them manuals because you have Whirlpool appliances.
If you are looking for a service manual for your Whirlpool appliance then you will want to know about this secured Whirlpool URL were you can Download Free Whirlpool Service Manuals.
Did you find the Service Manual you were looking for?